Recently I gave IconJar a try. It’s a fairly simple program for Mac that allows you to browse and preview all your icons in one place. Similar to what Font Book or Extensis Fusion is for fonts.
IconJar has a lot of cool, nifty features that expedite your work-flow. Little things here and there that, when added up, save a good amount of time. Some notable ones are:
- Quickly preview all icons at once
- Export to PNG, TIFF, WEBP, GIF, ICO, SVG, PDF, JPG or ORIG
- Copy as Base64, SVG as String
- Favorites & Tagging
- Categories (Subfolders)
- Auto clean up duplicates
- Auto Backup
- Easy to share libraries
- Quickly color/modify an icon before export
- Quick search
- Support for PNG, TIFF, WEBP, GIF, ICO, SVG, PDF, JPG or ORIG icons
- Integrates with ImageOptim if you use that to compress images.
The program is $30 per year. I was hesitant at first at picking this up, but I’ve already used it enough to justify it’s cost I feel. Now I find icons significantly faster, can compare them easily, export even more easily and get back to project sooner.